Personal Data Protection Policy (“Privacy & Cookies Policy”)
MSIG Insurance (Vietnam) Co., Ltd (“MSIG Vietnam”, “we’, “us”) is committed to complying with prevailing Vietnamese laws/regulations. We set out herein our Privacy and Cookies Policy to assure our commitment.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
MSIG Vietnam takes and values your privacy seriously. To ensure that the Personal data provided by you is secure, MSIG Vietnam communicate and enforce our privacy and security guidelines according to the prevailing Vietnamese laws/regulations.
Personal data refers to electronic information in the form of symbols, letters, numbers, images, sounds, or equivalences associated with an individual or used to identify an individual. The personal data includes general personal data and sensitive personal data.
When disclosing Personal data of other person, you represent and warrant to MSIG Vietnam that you have obtained the consent from such person for the disclosure and retained proof of this consents to be provided to MSIG Vietnam upon request. In case you disclose the personal data of a child from 7 to under 16 years old, the consent from the child and his/her legal representative (parents, guardian) is required.
MSIG Vietnam shall only collect, use, store, reproduce, disclose the Personal data for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- provision of general insurance or related products and/or services arising or relating thereto;
- variation, cancellation or renewal of insurance;
- processing of any credit, security, underwriting checks and insurance claims in relation to MSIG Vietnam’s insurance products and/or services;
- exercising any right of subrogation by MSIG Vietnam;
- statistic and research;
- marketing of general insurance products or services or related products or services by MSIG Vietnam, its affiliates or partners provided that such marketing is done in accordance with the Vietnamese laws and regulations;
- compliance with disclosure requirements imposed by law or any regulatory authorities on MSIG Vietnam, its affiliates or partners;
- the daily operation and administration of services and facilities in relation to the insurance products and/or services provided to you;
- prevention, detection, and investigation of fraud, money laundering, and other crimes; and
- others permitted purposes following the law of Vietnam.
We may process your Sensitive Personal data and need to transfer your Personal data overseas for these Purposes.
MSIG Vietnam takes precautions to safeguard your Personal data against loss, theft, misuse, as well as against unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or similar risks.
MSIG Vietnam collects, uses and discloses the Personal data only for the Purposes as communicated in order to provide, maintain, protect and improve the products and services provided by MSIG Vietnam. In this regard, MSIG Vietnam may disclose the provided Personal data to our business partners including but not limited to insurance brokers and/or agents and/or co-insurers and/or reinsurers, associates and third-party service providers when reasonably necessary, and on a need-to-know basis.
MSIG Vietnam will require these parties to protect Personal data they may receive from us in a manner consistent with this Policy. We do not allow them to use the Personal data for any other purpose. We will not sell the Personal data to any person for any reason.
As part of a global insurance group, MSIG Vietnam may disclose the provided Personal data to our related or affiliated companies in the MS&AD Insurance Group. MSIG Vietnam will also ensure that such disclosure will only be done when necessary, and will be in accordance with this Policy.
The Personal data shall be provided for the legal purposes without prior consent of the data subject in the case there is a request in this regard by a competent authority in accordance with the laws in order to detect, to deal with, or prevent any violating act.
MSIG Vietnam will retain the provided Personal data for a period that is no longer than necessary for business or legal purposes.
Under the Vietnamese regulation of laws, you have the right to know, consent, request for information, access and delete your Personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent, restrict or object the personal data processing and other rights as provided by law. In such cases, we will not, however, we shall not be able to provide you with the protection and services expected of us under the insurance policy that you have purchased from us. We may then need to cancel and/or terminate your policy with us. If you withdraw your consent for receiving marketing and promotion materials, we will not be able to update you of new products and promotions.
As a data subject, you are obliged to:
- Protect your own personal data.
- Respect and protect others’ personal data.
- Fully and accurately provide your personal data when you consent to the processing.
The card payment system on the MSIG Vietnam website is provided by authorized payment gateway partners in Vietnam ("Payment Gateway Partner"). Accordingly, the card payment security standards shall be in compliance with the Payment Gateway Partner's security standards. The policy on payment transaction by domestic and international cards ensure compliance with the payment gateway's security standards includes:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) internet security standards provided by GlobalSign.
- Payment Information Security Standard (PCI DSS) provided by Trustwave.
- 128-bit MD5 encryption standard.
- The principles and regulations on information security in the banking and finance sector in accordance with the regulations of the State Bank of Vietnam.
MSIG Vietnam shall maintain the process and system of copying, storing and recovering data when the information system serving payment activities encounter incidents, your payment information via this website shall not be illicitly altered, deleted, destroyed, copied, removed or appropriated. MSIG Vietnam shall store data regarding each payment transaction within the time limit prescribed by the law.
Feedback and Queries
If you have any feedback or queries in relation to the protection of your personal data, you may also contact us via email address email@example.com.
Changes to the Privacy & Cookies Policy